Officiants Who Perform Ceremonies

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

For a list of Judges and Court Commissioners who perform ceremonies in Racine County, click here.


State Statutes 765.16 and 765.17 specify who may perform marriages in the state of Wisconsin.

Marriage may be validly solemnized and contracted in this state only after a marriage license has been issued therefore, and only in the following manner; by the mutual declarations of the 2 parties to be joined in marriage, made before a duly authorized officiating person and in the presence of at least 2 competent adult witnesses other than such officiating person, that they take each other as husband and wife. The following are duly authorized to officiate at weddings:

1. Any ordained clergyman of any religious denomination or society who continues to be such ordained clergyman;
2. Any licentiate of a denominational body or an appointee of any bishop serving as a regular clergyman of any church   of the denomination to which the clergyman belongs, if not restrained from so doing by the discipline of the church or denomination.
3. The 2 parties themselves, by such mutual declarations, in accordance with the customs, rules and regulations of any religious society, denomination or sect to which either of said parties may belong;
4. Any judge of a court of record or a reserve judge appointed under s. 753.075.
5. Any family court commissioner appointed under s. 767.13 or court commissioner appointed under s. 757.68.
6. Any municipal court judge.