fast forwardGET PAID $15 per Hour | Enroll in FREE Training

Contact WRTP | BIG STEP at 262.619.6560 or
For additional training and resources, contact the training hotline at 262.638.7701 or go to Fast Forward.



child care                                      Interested in opening your own in home childcare, please call 262.638.6504 or need
                                     assistance with childcare, please go to for more information.

Name Change

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Any eligible resident of Wisconsin, whether a minor or an adult, may petition the court in the county where he or she resides, to have his or her name changed.

If you hold a professional license (other than a license to teach in the public schools) and your name change is for a reason other than marriage or divorce, you may need the approval of your licensing board or commission to change your name to a name other than the name on your license. Contact the appropriate board to learn its requirements.

A person required to register as a sex offender under Chapter 301.45, Wis. Stats. (Class H felony) may not change his or her name. Sec. 301.47(2)(a), WI Stats. Please note that juvenile sex offenders may be subject to Chapter 301.45.

Name Changes can be filed on the 8th Floor of the Courthouse.

Basic Name Change Instructions:

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer